Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Elderly women behind the counter in a small town....


I seem to recognize your face 
Haunting familiar yet I can't seem to place it 
Cannot find the candle of thought to light your name 
Lifetimes are catching up with me 
All these changes taking place I wish I'd seen the place 
But no one's ever taken me 
Hearts and thoughts they fade fade away

I swear I recognize your breath 
Memories like fingerprints are slowly raising 
Me you wouldn't recall, for I'm not my former 
It's hard when, your stuck upon the shelf 
I changed by not changing at all, small town predicts my fate 
Perhaps that's what no one wants to see 
I just want to scream, hello
My god its been so long, never dreamed you'd return 
But now here you are, and here I am 
Hearts and thoughts they fade, away

Hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away
Hearts and thoughts they fade, away
Hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away
Hearts and thoughts they fade

                 Words and music by Pearl Jam

Rumour has it the new album is due for release soon. 
Excitement levels rising.

In the meantime a classic that I never tire of....



No comments: