Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas, New Year... and all in between.




































Wrapping, making, preparing, hiding, ♥brown paper & string♥, excitement, chocolate (too much chocolate), noise, laughter, music, prayer, happiness, joy and love ... and heat .... a LOOOT of heat. 

Ok just to be clear I'm talking 40 degrees and no air conditioning peoples. Still ... it was Christmas and it was good. Better than good ... better than the best. We have little kids in the family now (big kids too) and they make the day all that more innocent and valued and sacred. 

Now? Here I sit (and it's still VERY hot) and I'm already planning the menu for New Years Eve. 

Wow.... talk about the "blink of an eye" 

How was your Christmas lovely people? What are your plans for Old Years Night? Ours involves alfresco dining, iced tea, Prosecco and the pool. The little kids will get glow sticks and the big kids will get sparklers. I will get teary. 

It's been such an amazing year and I am super excited about taking on new challenges and facing old fears and making new things and trying out old dreams. What will 2013 bring? I have some ideas but in truth a new year always brings with it a few unexpected surprises, a few old habits and a whole lot of "I'm not so sure but I'm going to give it my best shot anyway" 

So to wrap up the year I thought I'd share a little of my festive fun... 
Until we see each other in the New Year ... Light & Love to you all ♥♥♥

















1 comment:

chasing lightning bugs said...

The images and the words are so perfectly heart stoppingly lovely. I want to sneak into a corner and watch your new years like a movie.