Thursday, June 9, 2011

What makes a lovely life?

For so many the answer to this question stems straight from the obvious.
Family. Love. Health. Faith. Fun.

Well I am one of these blessed souls.


 My gratitude list stretches further than the eye can see...


Case in point. Above is an early morning view from my front door. Within the walls are souls well rested, safe and satisfied. Cool in Summer and Warm in Winter. Outside are the souls of feathered friends, lazy lizards, mischievous mice and beautiful butterflies ... and family and friends too of course.


My house is known as Wattle Cottage and should you drive by you would see that this is not undue lip service... Sweet fluffy Wattle Trees - Bees love em, Birds love em and I'm surely a fan too - even if they do make me sneeze!


Wandering out even further I am surrounded by a suburb that loves and respects it's trees.
Indeed I would bravely suggest that my suburb IS the leafiest in all of Perth.
You will often find me hugging (& if I can get away with it - even kissing) a big ol tree trunk.
Still if I'm not called to meditate beneath a tree I have the luxury of an ocean only 20 minutes drive away


Although I'm not your quintessential beach bunny I find the seaside one of the most calming places to be. I can sit and stare at the waves rolling in for hours (literally) and combing the beach for treasures is just as much a delight now as it was for me when I was but a wee young one.


Sometimes I take it for granted but as I've matured I've come to respect and cherish "my quiet time" even more.....


A great book is yet another luxury that I am lucky enough to have unlimited access to.
Libraries, Book clubs, Blogs, Books stores, Thrift Stores and the shelves of many a well read friend - these have all contributed to the up keep of my addiction.


Of course most people say that their children are their greatest blessing in life and who could argue?
Wait maybe there are some who could... perhaps the mothers of new born babies, crawling toddlers, flu ridden school children, hormonally challenged teenagers, reckless young adults and ungrateful grown ups... does that leave anyone for us to love? Just kidding...


We have  "love" to love... don't we?


and shoes... of course we love shoes...


and stuff..... pretty, girly, nonsensical...


whimsical, shiny... stuff.


Then there's tea AND toast AND chocolate AND marmalade and...


...baths, birds, music, socks, flowers, stamps....


clocks, pasta, wine, measuring tapes....


moss, rain, lyrics, poetry, art...


films, photos, cameras, smiling, snoozing...


creating, resting, reading, laughing, learning...


Gasp... deep breath...coming up for air.. oxygen... breath
(that's one for the list)


Yes indeedly-doodl-doo...
MY LIFE makes a very lovely life.

Thank you. Gratitude shared is truly twice the fun.

Have a most lovely life today and tomorrow and the next...

4 comments:

Eleni said...

Did you mention smiles and cuddles?

Angy is my name. said...

I did not!! My bad!! ESP since I do get & give plenty of those! :-) Tx 4 the reminder!! What's on the top of your gratitude list?

Lynne said...

A very blessed life, indeed.

Krystal Lee said...

ha ha lovely post!!!

krystal x