Monday, May 23, 2011

Now is the Winter of my Utter Content!

Sorry William but in my life there can be no such thing as a "Winter of Discontent" and although I know that these famous lines are filled with irony, I prefer my smug misquote anyway.
This week has been filled with all sorts - cleaning out of sheds, lesson planning for work, being sick, work, being more sick....blaaaaah. Anyway I'm on the mend now and therefore happy to reflect on the events of the week that was....


The most important being our first BIG Winter rain! I dropped my son off at school and we had to wait for a moment for the downpour to cease before he could exit the vehicle. Needless to say we were both giddy with excitement. I went home and made sure that lunch would suitably suffice the days "cosiness levels" hence the soup du jour.....


Organic Soba Noodles, Scallops, Baby Peas and Sweetcorn.
Yum Scrumptious I tell you - and so darn easy.
It took me ten minutes to whip this up and it was so filling.
I made the recipe up with what I had in the pantry so for a similar dish try this.
Hubby then topped off the days culinary successes with this doozy....


Chocolate Heaven
(again tweeked and twiddled by Hub but try this for something similar)


I stopped by at my favourite local Florist  and picked up these spray roses and then shared the bunch amongst my many little vials and vases. I start nesting when the weather gets cooler and I find myself getting excited about the oddest things.....


Like toe socks....


... and wearing my favourite Red Riding Hood coat.


Even my pooch seems more willing to curl up on a couch and do sweet nothing...yawn.


I collected fallen leaves from the garden, made a "Welcome Back Winter" garland; and hung it above the hearth - love that word... HEARTH (no surprise that it contains the word heart in it yeah?)


There's something so sexy about the colours of Autumn.


So even though the weekend was filled with sunshine and butterflies...


I remained blissfully focused on all things cosy, Wintery and wonderful.
Oh and the weekend weather forecast? Cold, rainy and cloudy.
(Happy - Crazy - Nana Gown - Cup O Tea in Hand - Dance)

So have yourselves a super week peoples - the toaster has just popped and the marmalade - Cranberry and Red Grapefruit thank you very much - is calling...
Tooodle Ooooh!


2 comments:

Krystal Lee said...

hi :)
i love the first photo with the water distorting the picture, and th eleaves are gorgeous too...

krystal
x x x

Eleni said...

I too have a red coat and numerous toe socks - but they freak my boyfriend out a bit.

Excellent leaf banner - don't know why I've never thought of making one! We had some fantastic autumnal leaves in Bath last year. Remind me in September-ish, OK?